Monday, April 5, 2010

Swim + Bike + Run


I've always enjoyed competing in Triathlons. This past year, while I took a break from competitive swimming, I focused on triathlons. I bought a bike, helmet, shoes, shorts, sun glasses, soon realizing how expensive the sport is, but went with it anyway. I'm really enjoying it and finding it very competitive friendly. I plan to pursue triathlons much more once I'm finished swimming, but for now I'm creating a lot of fun memories of pain!

KOPC Triathlon 2009 - Sprint Distance
Warning: Bike course is all up-hill and it's really embarrassing being passed by 70 year old men and 14 year old girls!! I live for the swimming part in triathlons courses such as this one.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Last Spring, my good friend Wesley Johnson called me up one day and invited me to bike the Iron Man course with him in St. George. I was more then willing and really excited!! We only did one lap of the bike course, coming out to 74 miles. It took me 4 hours and my butt hurt for the next three days. It was a lot of fun hanging with Tanner and Wes.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Salem Spring Triathlon 2009 - Sprint Distance

The only thing I didn't like about racing on this course was the bike section. With all the rural roads out in Salem the bikers really have to watch where they're going, despite that the Salem Spring Tri is one of the funnest triathlons I've done.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Jordanelle Triathlon 2009 - Olympic Distance
3rd Time Participating


The starting line is quite interesting in a triathlon. It's like a bunch of animals all trying to scratch at some food, literally. And once that horn goes off it's a mad dash for the front, simply to avoid being clobered and swam over, kicked, scratched, etc. It's all a part of the excitement!


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment