Monday, April 5, 2010

Road Trip To Oregon

Welcome to Oregon

I went on a road trip to Oregon to visit Andrew's sister Liza and her children. It was a split second decision, we jumped in the car, and drove 13 hours to Sherwood. There was so much to see and do. We had a great adventure! We visited the OMSI hands-on Science Museum, an Aviator Museum home to the famous "Spruse-Goose" from WWII, drove out to the coast in Pacific City, which was slightly cold and windy, but we enjoyed it anyway. We also stopped by the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Liza bought us a delicious dinner with some ice cream. Next we traveled to Silver Falls and were able to hike around the park, walk behind the waterfall, and enjoy running in the rain. Denmark, Addie, and Ellie were so much fun to play with and I loved being able to do Addie's hair while I was there and they always smiled for the camera. Old Town Sherwood was really fun and I loved the donut shop and the small grocery stores. I fell in love with Oregon and I especially loved the fact that we didn't have to fill up our gas tanks! They do it for you! I thought that was funny!! It's such a beautiful place! I hope to go back one day. It was a really fun road trip. Thanks Liza and Andrew!!


A drive through Portland

<span class=



<span class=


Ellie
<span class=


They have the best donut holes in Old Town Sherwood
<span class=


Here is the famous Spruse Goose that was inside the Aviator Museum we stopped at. We didn't go inside because there were enough attractions outside to enjoy. I love airplanes so I really had a good time!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Denmark was so excited he was allowed to touch the airplanes!

Photobucket


My first time adventure on the Oregon Coast



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Here is little Addie. We became such great buds!

<span class=




Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



The Tillamook Cheese Factory
We were able to watch all the factory workers package up the different varieties of cheese, then taste a bit of cheese ourselves at the taste tables. The hamburgers were delicious along with the yummy ice cream!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Silver Falls
It was a rainy day, but we enjoyed it anyway. The waterfall was really neat because the hike took you right behind the falls. I also really love how the moss grows all over everything! Makes it beautiful!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This is behind the waterfall. The picture didn't turn out too great!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I really enjoyed Oregon and the drive home was absolutely beautiful! The mountains are lined with windmills, you drive along the river that borders Washington and Oregon to the left, and on the right are so many waterfalls. Liza, Denmark, Addie, and Ellie were great fun and made my adventure that much more exciting.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention how jealous I am that you got to go there. Cause I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leilani, it's Annie, Andrew's sister...and Liza's sister...and Whitney's sister-in-law...looks like you know the whole family minus me.

    Thanks for posting all the pics. It's fun to see my loveys through someone elses lens.

    Liza took you to all the great hot spots in OR. I loved seeing that she wore the hat and scarf I made for her when you went to the beach. I made that for her when I was staying with her waiting to have my latest and greatest baby...I'm sure you hear all about it.

    I hope I get to meet you soon. Perhaps another road trip to Oregon? You know that's where I will be living come June right? Now all we've got to do is convince the rest of the Vance's to move up there.

    I'm sure Andrew told you that I'm a photographer as well. It's always fun meeting other people who enjoy the art of photography. If you'd like an invite to view my private blog, just let me know and I'll send it your way...vanceannie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete