Monday, February 20, 2012

Garden Starts

I'm not quite sure what happened. I used to know how to plant a garden.
At least, I thought I did.
Maybe it's the MidWest fever and I can only think "garden" in Utah terms.
Possibly?
Even after the many, many years of gardening alongside my master mind, master gardener, herbalist mother I'm completely nervous and shockingly brainless!
The adjustments haven't even begun.

First battle: possums, rabbits, skunks, and raccoons.
Second battle: chiggers and ticks.
I thought gardening was supposed to be theraputic! I'm starting to doubt that statement. 
Thank goodness for good help. I had to stop and document the progress. Stage one, I've decided, was the easiest part for Tyler and I. We're blessed with wonderful soil and supurb ground cover.
As far as keeping all the critters out and off of me; well, I haven't reached that point yet. I'll let you know how it pans out.




I find it convincing to think you'll find our garden project entertaining.



Despite the obstacles that haven't even arrived (maybe we're creating them?), I am beyond excited about our garden this year. I'm burned out buying grocery store produce and yearn for the awakening taste of freshly grown vegetables! Chemical free too. I can't wait to be 10x more healthy. It's going to be fabulous.

Are we overwhelming ourselves? I'll leave that up to you.

Our Veggie Garden Entails:
Beets. Cabbage. Carrots. Swiss Chard. Buttercrunch Lettuce. Red Sails Lettuce. Russet Potatoes. Sweet Potatoes. Spinach. Green Beans. Cucumbers. Peppers. Squash. Sweet Corn. Tomatoes. Onions. Garlic. Blackberries. Raspberries.

Our Herb Garden Entails:
Basil. Cilantro. Chives. Parsley. Mint. Chamomile. Oregano. Hyssop. Lavender. Dill. Rosemary. Coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment