Saturday, September 1, 2012

30 Weeks



Well, I'm officially FINISHING my 30th week... and counting. Sunday marks 31 weeks. Not sure if you'll ever get a nice picture out of me. The first thing I do when I come home from work is change into comfortable clothes and pull my hair up!!! Once again, it's unreal how fast it has flown by. I'm happy to say my pregnancy has been quite the opposite from what I've heard. I'm thankful. This little girl has been easy so far...so far. We'll see how she is when she decides to come into this world.

I've been feeling great. Slowly getting more tired each day and more uncomfortable at night, but those are minor little speed bumps. I'm not waddling around like a penquin, yet!! Once in a while I feel extra pressure on my hips, but with a few yoga moves it's amazing how fast it releases that pressure and I feel great all over again. I'm really looking forward to the fall and can't wait to see what our little girl looks like!

I've been blessed to be surrounded by very helpful and understanding women. It was my only discouragement, being pregnant for the first time away from sisters and mom, but I've had the help I've needed. My work threw me a surprise baby shower and I was showered with some darling clothes and bags full of diapers.


Thank you, thank you!! As a young couple, the small amounts of service and gifts really help lift a lot of "new parent" burdens and worries. We can't wait and I absolutely love watching my wonderful husband get more excited to see our little girl as the days draw closer. He's such a sweetheart about it... he's going to be a great Dad.

2 comments:

  1. you look amazing. yes time does fly. im due in two weeks. keep up the good work.
    lenora

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, Leilani! So beautiful, as always. You're almost there! I hope that "not-too-uncomfortable" stage doesn't end! Can't wait to see your lil' sweetpea. She will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete