Thursday, May 13, 2010

Juice Fast

It's time for another Juice Fast! I'm sure most of you have heard of Juice Fasting and how it helps your body, improves your mind, gives you energy, cleans out your system, etc. It's a cleansing diet. Anyway, enough jabber! Basically this is how it goes. Beginning on day one, I drink a glass of juiced Apple juice with 2 TBS of Redmond Clay and 1 TBS of Psyllium Husks. The Redmond Clay goes into the linings of your intestines and combines with the Psyllium Husks, giving it weight to pull everything out and the Psyllium Husks help intestinal health, have a great source of fiber and help maintain regularity. I repeat this everyday throughout the whole week. The first day I ate just fruits and vegetables, than day 2, 3, 4, and 5, I juiced handfuls of vegetables and fruits and that's all I had, but constantly throughout the whole day. Surprisingly I wasn't ever hungry. On day 6 I went back to whole fruits and vegetables and day 7 I slowly started eating normal again, but just small portions. I'm hesitant to say this part, but it does make the juice fast a little more adventurous! If you don't use an enema (yes, an enema) twice a day the toxins from the juice sit in your system and can cause a lot of damage. So, that was also included, twice a day, in my daily routine. Fasting allows a lot of things to rest, get rinsed out, and allows your mind to clear. I like to do it for spiritual and physical benefits! I've actually really enjoyed it each time and once I get past the first day of no food and pure juice, I feel the difference in my energy levels. I still go to practice too and feel great!! It's amazing how much better I feel once I've completed a week and it makes a huge difference in how I feel in and out! I added in some of my favorite recipes I came across this week. Enjoy!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Morning Sunshine Smoothie

2 large oranges
1 red grapefruit
6 frozen strawberries
1/2 banana

Squeeze the juice from the oranges and grapefruit. Put the juice in a blender and blend with the strawberries and banana.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Green Delight
I got this recipe from a good friend in Oregon. Once I tasted it I had to have it. I was excited to finally use it and everybody in the family LOVED it. It was a hit and gained popularity rather quickly! Never thought my juice fast would bring smiles to peoples faces!:) Thanks a million!

1 med. ripe avacado
1 1/2 cups of pineapple
1 1/2 cups of orange juice
1 TBSP honey
2 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. coconut extract
Lots of ice - BLEND

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Fresh Grape Juice
Easy. Doesn't need explanation. But I will add that it is far better then store bought grape juice
&
Fresh Carrot, Apple & Ginger Drink

2 medium carrots
1 crisp apple
1 inch of fresh ginger root


Photobucket

Sweet Juice Sensation
I absolutely loved this drink so I made it a second time and doubled it. It's really refreshing and I'm sure would make it big in the summer.

I orange (peeled)
1 sweet apple
1 large carrot
1 grapefruit
1 pear

First, juice apple and carrot then juice remaining ingredients and mix.


Photobucket

Super Juice
I had a blast making this drink! Especially once I had everything cut up and I looked at my plate. It was amazing and quite tempting not to completely devour before I sent it through the juicer.

1/2 pineapple spears (top removed and skinned)
*extra makes it taste excellent
1 large orange (peeled)
1 papaya or mango (peeled, pit or seeds removed)
2 large carrots (washed, topped, and tailed)
1/2 lime (peeled)

*I added in 1/2 a lemon too


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment