Monday, October 4, 2010

Elk Hunting - Bookcliffs

Did I get lucky this fall or what? I have never spent so much time in the outdoors and Dad finally took me with him and his buddies to the Bookcliffs this September. Our neighbor drew for the Elk hunt, so we went hunting bull for a week. Being out in nature is one of my absolute favorite things to do, especially if it means getting to the hightest points on a horse. We had a great time! I survived the nights sleeping alone in my tent, despite the fact that the Coyote's and Elk were making noise all night long and I have this huge phobia for Bear. But to top off this great adventure with Dad, I did see three Bear!! And goodness gracious was that awesome or what. First time seeing Bear in the wild, and I'm talking, the wild.


Photobucket

This was our campsite. The Kidmans have quite the set up. It was great!

Photobucket

We took the horses down to water every afternoon. I think that was the highlight of their day because they sure went in a hurry!! It's a natural spring that fills up the troughs and is very good tasting water.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The view behind Dad and I is Grand Junction, Colorado. Quite spectacular, especially when we rode back to camp that night. We could see all the city lights.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I just came down lightening ridge into She Canyon. It's quite the ride down and I was nervous about it all morning, but She Canyon was worth the ride. It's beautiful down there.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment