Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Day With The Missionaries

Yesterday we had the LadySmith District come out to the farm and spend a day with Tyler and I. It was such great fun! We love having visitors! The timing couldn't have been more perfect! There were 8 Elders and two were from the States, California and Idaho! We were excited about that! Ty set up the workers to brand and castrate, so the missionaries were able to take a good look - some couldn't believe what they were watching! It was funny. They went out and fed with Ty & loved watching the cows run after the Buckie for the feed. They enjoyed some Soccer while Ty & I set up the Braai and cooked some hamburgers. Elder and Sister Hudson and Elder and Sister Ward were also able to come. It was a full house, but I felt right at home cooking for 14 people! We had a great time! It's been a neat experience living in the mission field. I've really enjoyed it!

Getting ready to head out to Droval to feed the Cows with Ty!
Photobucket

Elder Ward enjoying the branding!
Photobucket


Durban, South Africa Mission: LadySmith District.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy to read your stories and see how happy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you don't know me and this is really random... I was looking at a blog and on her friends list I saw your name with a post about south Africa. My brother is serving his mission there so out of curiosity I clicked on your link. Turns out that my brother is on the bottom left in the last picture of this post... Elder Webster from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete